Purchasing your first home is frightening. It's something that seems like everyone should know how to do, like building a camp fire, but no one really teaches you how. Asking for help is tough and unless your sibling or close friend has gone through it recently you are alone.
I love educating my First Time Home Buyers about mortgages and the steps to buying their first home. Below is the easy steps to purchase your first home in Saskatoon!
Here are the 8 steps to follow:
1. Call a mortgage broker
- Banks offer one set of products, brokers offer over 30!
2. Call a realtor
- Ask around to find a respected realtor
3. Shop for the right home
- Have fun looking for your future residence
4. Put in an offer
- Once you have found THE one submit an offer to the seller
5. Finalize financing and other conditions in your offer
- All conditions of your purchase have been approved to your satisfaction you can remove these conditions to make a firm sale
6. Set up home insurance
- Fire insurance is needed on mortgaged properties in Canada
7. Go to your lawyers
- Your lawyer will finalize your sale and deal with the money changing hands
8. Get the keys!